Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 3 Part 4

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 3 Part 4

Ursa and I considered a few other slaves before settling on a trio of elven spellcasters, all very young sisters (and young even by Elven standards, though just over their teens in human years). Spellcasters were normally tricky to have as slaves in Alphatia where the enslavement of spellcasters was illegal, but the slaver said the powerful geas on them would keep me out of trouble and it also kept them from trying to escape. In any case, I was ultimately headed back to Thyatis first, and the law was somewhat more lax over there.

I was, however, outbid by the same Asmodeus worshipper who I learned had also deep enough pockets to buy the holy warrior, thus outbidding the followers of Alphaks. He was particularly interested in one of the girls -- so much so that he was willing to buy all three of them, who were being sold together as a fighting team for the arena. Evidently everyone knew something I didn't because the girls had to be dragged kicking and screaming away. In the end, the slaver had to put them under with some sort of drug to make them manageable. When all the commotion died down, and the cultist and his entourage had left, Ursa and I asked the slaver what was going on.

"Ah, that's Adam Garius. He's a cultist of Asmodeus. Represents a really big cell -- or so I'm guessing -- because he's got really deep pockets. He's a big roller and comes down frequently looking for priests and other holier-than-thous who end up on the slave market. Buys 'em all up for sacrifices. When there aren't any, he makes do with the cheap ones in the meat markets."


"He buys religious types, 'eh? Let me guess -- for sacrifices?" I guessed.

"Yup. That holy warrior he bought is in big trouble. He'd be in the same soup if those Alphaks cultists had got 'em, though. I tell you, those guys were plenty peeved, especially when Garius rubbed it in at the end. I feel sorry for those girls. They're barely out of diapers, those three."

"What will happen to them?" asked Ursa.

"The usual: Torture, mutilation, humiliation. And for sure they'll conjure a demon to fuck 'em up the ass -- and every other hole too. They're virgins, so he won't touch 'em himself. There's something those perverts like about seeing virgin cherries popped by monsters from the Hells."

Ursa looked like she was going to be sick.

"What else do you know about Adam Garius?"

"Aren't you a curious one," the slaver looked at me askance.

"I like to know who the movers and shakers are. And the high rollers."

"I might know a thing or two..."

I greased his palm.

"They say Asmodeus gives his devout a nudge when it comes to money matters and Garius like to test that by gambling."

"Does he always win?"

"Yup. They say if he's losing, he'll duck back to his suite to cut open a cheap slave as a sacrifice. When he comes back down, he always wins it all back, and then some."

"'Always'?"

"Always. And I'm pretty sure between buying that holy warrior and outbidding you for the elf girls, he's gotta be low on cash. He'll hit the gambling den sooner or later, looking for easy marks who don't know his secret."

"Is he a good gambler?"

"Heh... Does it matter?"

*

I gave Breileina a generous amount of gold to get lodgings and gear for herself, to snoop around about Adam Garius, and to find that Alphaks cult if possible. As she had sworn loyalty to me (and there was a geas on her), I was confident in giving her free rein. Besides, if the geas were unreliable, it was better to find out now at a small cost in gold than at a more critical juncture later.

When I checked back at the inn there was still no word from my mentor. The innkeeper said he hadn't seen him at all since we first left for the special slave auctions. I was getting worried now. For the moment I didn't have any leads on him so I secured his things in my room and turned my attention to Ursa. I wanted to show her my appreciation of her assistance with choosing and haggling for slaves today... and with any luck, my appreciation of her incredible physique. I'd never seduced anyone who could easily snap me like a twig, but as she had considerably warmed to me, I think I had a chance. As I have mentioned elsewhere, my vice was Lust and I wasn't above using my diabolically acquired charm and wealth to get my way.

And truthfully, having been around her all day, it was her or more tail thing with the tiefling. I was horny.

Ursa suggested we go to the Arena for the more exciting evening bouts, normally reserved for high-rollers (and a stiff entrance fee kept everyone else out).

A different demographic came to this part of the black market, some of them avoiding the black market in entirety. Mostly too-rich thrillseekers slumming, I thought, from the look of them. Adam Garius's name came up, of course, but I didn't want to spend too much time pumping the bookies for information. It would have been interesting to schmooze about and see who I could network with, but tonight I was with Ursa and Lust was overtaking my priorities.

Normally she'd just bet on the Goliath warriors and wait for the outcome later -- rarely could she spend the coin to watch these elite matches. As I had offered to treat her to "anything", she jumped at the chance after probing in a roundabout way as to whether it would be an excessive expense for me.

She had changed to something more elegant and somewhere managed to redo her hair from a simple ponytail to keep it out of the way into a loose cascade, its volume held down with simple pieces of elegant jewelry. At close to eight feet tall (including her high-heeled boots), she literally stood out and turned a lot of heads. Her long black dress with a slit down one side showed her tanned complexion and toned, corded muscles to advantage -- which, I had to admit, wasn't particularly attractive. But that's just my preference. For me, excessively muscular women clashed with too-feminine fashions.

Still, I was very pleased to be with her and appreciated the effort she put into what was turning out to be a date. I would never have suspected her of owning such a sensual evening gown. I had already planned on a private box for the evening, and I was now especially glad I did as it gave her some respite from the many eyes on her, ranging from appreciative to envious to lacivious.

While we dined on a variety of "interesting" dishes she ordered to educate my palate to Underdark cuisine, she probed me about my past, present, and future. Of course I didn't tell her anything about Kana, so how I got jump-started from a peasant nobody to influential trader overnight had a hole in the story.

"There's more to it," she frowned. "You're hiding something."

"Doesn't everyone? Yes, I am hiding something. There's a reason why he's trusted me with so much, but that's... private. And complicated. But let me ask you something first: Why are you so interested all of a sudden?"

"...To be honest, I am jealous of you. You had nothing and now you have what many would consider unimaginable wealth. In one day you have casually spent more than I will ever see in a year or more. You are generous with your wealth even to your slaves -- this I have great respect for. But on the other hand you sleep with whores and flirt with them with practiced ease. The woman in me is disgusted by that. I am conflicted about my feelings for--I mean, 'about'--you... But something I am not confused about is that I want to have the wealth and influence you have. I don't know what I can offer you, but I want to be your partner. I'll do anything you want."

She said "anything". There were so many possibilities to "anything". But sad to say, the first ones that sprang to mind involved her naked and sweating in bed and me penetrating her from behind. The second was selling her soul. Clearly, I was evil through and through.

"'Anything', Ursa? Are you sure?"

Now the darker possibilities were playing out in her mind too.

Once I had put aside the delicious image of her climaxing under me, I tried to think more seriously. Obviously she was a slaver and whatever her motivation, she couldn't be counted on to be of the most principled and virtuous mindset. Just how villainously selfish she could be was of some importance. In any case, I needed her to be really clear on what she was ready to do or not do. I could use her in profitable ways and see us both come out ahead, but ensuring her loyalty was another thing -- I remembered how Jude had fallen so utterly into such sudden and surprising treachery once Kana had piqued his greed. Besides, as she was over a foot taller and a probably had more muscle in just her shoulders than I had in my entire body, I really didn't want anything unpredictable, especially in physical and violent ways.

A great roar of excitement came from the arena stands as the gladiators for the first bout of the evening were led in. The noise drowned out any intelligible conversation, so I had to lean close to her ear. I put one reassuring hand on hers.

"We'll talk more. I promise."

She nodded with some relief in her eyes, as if grateful for the reprieve from speaking her thoughts now. We both turned our attention to the arena.

*

The first bout was just an appetizer before the main battle, to let latecomers filter in while keeping the rest entertained. A half dozen gladiators were released into the sandy ring sunk into the ground that served as an arena, and simultaneously from other gates spaced about the ring there raced out several slavering hyenas.

[note to self - write about arena fights?]

*

After the bouts, Ursa and I went to collect our winnings. We had won some, lost some, but came ahead somewhat after having bet heavily on the two Goliath fighters that Ursa recommended. Her face was beaming and she jingled her pouch happily.

"We. Kick. Ass." she smiled.

They were still pit slaves, but highly ranked winners had the good life and Ursa's conscience wasn't so bothered by making money off them.

"I'd love to see what else you do," I smiled at her slyly.

She was stumped for a comeback and I grinned. She looked down at my pants and frowned.

"Is that all you ever think about?"

"I don't think I've been quite so excited by anyone."

"I bet you tell that to all the girls."

"Only when I mean it."

"Pig."

"You haven't seen the half of it."

I took a chance and slid my arm around her waist. Then lower. We were in public so I hoped she wouldn't slug me. Besides, if she did, it could be fatal.

Fortunately, she just gasped and her jaw dropped. She stared at me in disbelief. Then her eyes sparkled with mischief.

"I don't have a tail, like whatshername," she said. "And I wouldn't do the tail thing even if I did have one."

I put my hands up in mock surrender.

"Besides... I don't think you'd survive a night with me." It was her turn to smile slyly.

"I'd die happy, I'm sure."

*

We got back to the inn, and Breileina was waiting for us. She'd located where the Alphaks cult was staying. Nothing new about Adam Garius, except where he was staying too. That was apparently very easy to discover because he'd conjured a demon to guard the holy warrior he bought, even though the fellow was still mind-numbed by some sort of magical circlet. The final bid on him was staggering.

"You did well. Thank you," I told her.

"Was there a point to all that? Are you planning something?" asked Breileina.

"I don't know yet. I suppose that means 'yes'. I just don't know if it'll come together."

"What are you thinking of?" asked Ursa.

"I like to know about people who might be important, and to make connections."

Breileina's lips pursed tight with disapproval and she crossed her arms. Obviously, cordial connections with evil cults didn't score well with her.

"'Keep your friends close and your enemies closer'," I reminded her of the old saying.

She frowned, maybe not quite believing me. But she uncrossed her arms at least.

"I need to sleep on it. Get some rest. I'll come find you later," I told Breileina. Then I turned to Ursa. "And I did promise you I'd talk more about your business proposal."

I bought a bottle of wine and we took it upstairs with us.

"Now before we start... I must say you're driving me to distraction," I admitted to her.

I handed her a glass of wine, and then traced my finger lazily down her thigh that was bared by the slit in her dress. Her muscles were toned, firm, beautiful.

"Do you really find me attractive, or do you just need to screw anything that moves?"

"I've never been with anyone so... delicious."

I couldn't help it. I caressed that gorgeous, tanned, thigh. Even explored a bit under her skirt. She put one hand firmly on mine to stop it.

"What about that tiefling whore?"

"It was the tail. I just had to know about it."

She harrumphed.

"Look, I won't lie to you that I've slept with more women than you would guess. And I'm not the marrying kind. I'm just..."

"Horny?"

"You could say that."

She looked me dead in the eyes. "... Is this what it would take to do business with you?"

I blinked at the unexpected change in topic. I shook my head.

"Business is business. I can work with just about anyone. Look, everyone has their uses and can help you make money. Which means you can help them make money too. It's just a matter of how much and how quickly. And what they're willing to do."

"Like I said, I'm willing to do anything.... Even... sleep with you."

"You wouldn't otherwise?"

I must've looked crestfallen. I really was, too.

"Well, no... I didn't mean it like that..."

"So I have a chance?" I grinned.

She rolled her eyes and sighed. Then looked into my eyes with... amusement? Compassion? Curiosity? I wasn't sure, but it was friendly and a bit inviting.

"I like to be on top. No one ever wants to let me be on top."

"Your people?"

"Everyone. You're not the first short person to have an interest in me. And honestly, I think it's a bit creepy. Is this a giantess fetish or something? I met this dwarf once..."

"It hasn't come up before," I told her truthfully. "... And you can be on top, if you feel safer."

"'Safer'? It's not about that. It's about-- Well..."

"Is this a fetish or something? Being on top?"

She laughed and slapped me playfully on the arm before pouring herself another drink. The glass seemed so small in her huge hand.

"... So... I get to be on top?" she looked at me over her glass.

She'd finished her drink, so I gently took the glass from her, then led her to the bed. I sat down first, pulled myself closer to the centre, then pulled her over to straddle me. My hands hiked her her skirt as they slid about her hard thighs and hips. I lustily felt her hard curves. I played my finger at the crack of her ass.

Ursa pulled off her dress. My hands slowly slid up her hips, up her flat, hard, stomach, and to her smallish breasts. She grabbed me by the hair and with a moan of need mashed me into her breasts, pressing my lips over one nipple.

*

Often I think it was a gross oversight on my part to not have stipulated in my contract with the Hells that I would also be hung like a horse.

The Goliath race, of which Ursa was a gorgeous specimen, is very tall as a rule, often two feet higher than mere humans. By her standards, I was very short, uh, "down there". She liked it cowboy style but whenever I slipped out accidentally, she'd end up mashing me quite painfully. In the end, she settled for grinding, which worked out better overall since I could then get one hand down there and she could push her clitoris against my knuckles. But before we had found that out, I was already really quite in pain.

When she was finally sated and rolled off, she found the bed a bit too narrow for her size and promptly flopped off the bed. We both couldn't help but laugh. She crawled back on and looked at my penis with a mixture of amusement and pity. She prodded it gently with one finger.

"Are you going to be able to get that up again?"

"I'm not sure. Not any time soon, though."

"A happiness for women everywhere," she said. "That should keep you out of trouble for a while."

"Maybe for the protection of women everywhere, you should do more of this sort of 'keeping me out of trouble'."

"Ha! You wish!"

I put one hand on hers and gave her a loving squeeze.

"Thank you. That was... fantastic."

"Liar! I've just about killed your... uh... you know what."

"No, really," I insisted sincerely. "Just being with you... Felt wonderful."

She looked at me with sad eyes and was quiet a long time.

"I want to believe that. I really do. But I can't."

I sat myself up (with a groan -- I really was quite sore between my knees and my waist), leaned against her, and gave her a long, loving kiss on the cheek. I held her in a tight embrace until she relaxed into me. We lay back down and napped happily together.

*

"Come back with me to Thyatis," I invited Ursa.

We had bathed and were pulling our clothes back on.

"I might have to leave the Thyatis operation for a while. I'm sure my major domo could use a hand. We're also thinking of expanding into Norwold. No one's really set up there yet -- trading isn't exactly a respected occupation in those parts."

"Norwold? Where's that? What are they like?"

"Western border of Thyatis. It's forested and cold. The people are warriors and look down on anything that isn't about fighting. I'm thinking someone like you could command more respect."

"Hmm..." Ursa wasn't exactly convinced. "Not really what I had in mind."

"Give me some time. That's just off the top of my head. When we get back to Thyatis, we'll sit down with my major domo."

"Are you doing this because I slept with you?"

"No! I think you're trustworthy. I'm willing to take a chance on you. And you have a very different take on trade and set of contacts from your experiences. I like adding skills and contacts to my organization. We'll see how it works out."

"That's a start, I guess."

"We're only just branching out from Alphatia to Thyatis. Competition is fierce in Thyatis, but no so much on the mainland. I want to have a strong presence before I make contact with Darokin far to the west, and the Minrothad Guilds. I'll need people I can trust. If I can trust you, I'll make sure you make a lot of money."

"So when do we go?"

"Let me see if I can make some interesting contacts here first. And I still have to find my mentor."

"Your mentor?"

"Yeah. He basically owns the company I work for. Mostly a silent partner now, enjoying a retirement. But he's gone missing."

"This isn't a good place to go missing."

"I know."

(to be continued)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 4 Part 1

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 4 Part 2

Vids are BACK! And Sexlivion Links