Arielle Jurard, undercover Imperial Battlemage

A sidetrip to a nearby wayshrine to Mara nearly cost me my life the second time in the same day!--A khajiit highwayman accosted me. Funnily enough, while he was trying to cleave my head in two after I told him I didn't have a hundred gold on me, a timber wolf dashes up and tries to bite his pecker off. Honestly! Tamriel is such a deadly place! I dispatch him, then the wolf, and limped the rest of the way to Brina Cross.

There, I met my contact, Arielle Jurard. A rather pretty woman, maybe a bit worn from being in the battlemage division of the Imperial Legion, but still loyal to the empire and taking her job very seriously. And a rather lousy actress, I'm afraid. After quickly whispering some basic instructions to be vocal about being a merchant and to take a room for a more private briefing, she fairly yelled out in an overdone-ham-acting sort of way, "No, friend. I'm afraid I don't know the way to Cheydinhal, but good luck in your travels. Please excuse me." I just about cringed.
And it of course drew attention right away, as an altmer merchant at the inn, by name of Caminalda, came over after I got myself a room to express her concern about murders of merchants on the Gold Road. I told her I wasn't surprised, having been cut up by a madman, chopped up by a highwayman, and chewed up by a wolf all in the same day! She asked about what goods I had for trade, armoured as I was and not at all looking like a merchant. I explained that I was in the magical goods business and that I had just unloaded most of my stock at the Anvil Mage's Guild, and had just a few scrolls with me.

I did in fact have some enchanted scrolls to help in the casting of spells that gave protection from cold-magics. The evidence so far had pointed to the use of such magic, although Carahil warned me when she gave me the scrolls that the mage likely was more than just a one-trick pony.

Arielle came by my room soon enough--a bit too soon, I thought--but she had a better cover story this time. My wounds gave her the opportunity to be a concerned citizen and she offered to play nurse (use her magic to heal me, I mean -- there wasn't time to properly "play nurse", if you get my meaning). She asked why I hadn't used healing magic on myself sooner, being a Mages Guild member and all, and surely knowing how to use at least a simple healing spell. I explained that being born under a certain alignment of stars had unfortunately stunted my magical potential.

She asked about my wounds, and I told her about my wild introduction to Tamriel, which she listened with astonishment. When she was at length done (after innumerable delays while I told my story, I asked about her own time in the Legion, and offered her the protective scrolls that Carahil gave me), I thanked her with a kiss.

In the heartbeat while she was surprised by it, I took a chance and kissed her again, lingering this time and tenderly. My arms wrapped around her, and she did not resist. Then we were two Legionnaires snatching a secret moment of passion before imminent danger when we might never see each other again. I had her naked and panting in short order, then curled snugly in my arms.


Arielle Jurard, Mages Guild Undercover Agent by Fantasy_Art

Barely an hour was past and Arielle was up before I was, and giving me an urgent shake to get up and get dressed -- The suspect was on the move. Possibly to prepare her ambush.

The mission played out as we thought it would -- I was the bait. The overly curious Caminalda, also the chief suspect, turned out to be the murderess. She did her frost-magic M.O. and made a grab for my throat with her hand glowing blue-white and so cold it misted the air. She had gotten the drop on me, darting out from behind a boulder along the road, but the same strange heritage that stunted my magic also protected me soundly as it quite often did, by absorbing it and rendering it harmless. She tried fire next. At such close quarters I couldn't dodge the small spurt of flame, but fortunately the magic was absorbed again. Frustrated -- and unwilling to let me escape as I now knew her secret -- she backed away and conjured an animated skeleton (Why are undead so popular conjuration subjects? Why not wolves or irritated goats?).
By now, Arielle had caught up, with her battlemage partner Roliand. The two of them made short work of the skeleton with fire and steel, then the three of us had Caminalda cornered.

The penalty for so many murders was death, and Caminalda most certainly knew that. With nothing to lose, she didn't surrender, and fought to the bitter end though Arielle called for her to yield. The final blow, I think, was mine, although in the confusion of melee it's hard to tell.

Roliand hung around for the clean up and inevitable paperwork, but Arielle turned and left, without a word to me or a glance back. I caught up with her, thinking she had put some distance from Roliand so we could have a more private chat -- So you can imagine I was profoundly hurt when she wouldn't look me in the eye but stared past, over my shoulder. There was nothing of the tenderness we shared, or even of her kind concern she had shown me when I arrived at the Brina Cross Inn with injuries. She thanked me professionally, and advised I report to Carahil immediately. Then she turned and left.

I sensed there was regret on her part and genuinely wishing it had never happened. My heart sank with the knowing feeling that I'd probably never see her again. She was a kind and good person who genuinely believed in the good she was doing by being in the Legion, though it could be dangerous stuff more often than not.

*

Carahil was elated the whole sordid business was taken care off so quickly that she immediately offered to write me a glowing recommendation for the Arcane University. My mind was on a more tangible reward, however. I seized her in my arms, kissed her lustily and at length, and soon found her more than willing to be conquered by the conquering hero. She later confessed she had never been so aroused when I threw her onto her bed, pinned her face-down with a firm grip on a fistful of her silky hair, and pounded her mercilessly from behind into mewling submission.

I swear, inside every stuffy high elf is a wild khajiit in heat.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 4 Part 1

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 4 Part 2

Vids are BACK! And Sexlivion Links