The Sirens' Deception part 4

Signy snuggled in my arms with a dreamy-happy look on her face. She was so adorable like that I couldn't help but kiss her on the forehead.

"I love you," she said.

"I love you too," I sort-of lied.

I really didn't know her well enough to be in love with her. And her criminal activities were another turn off, of course. But in general, I'm really quite weak when it comes to women showing me attention. I've always thought that if they came on to me on their own initiative that it was definitely more promising that we'd stay together once married. But often women who want to spend time with me really just want to be friends, and it all turns out profoundly disappointing when they tell me I'm not their type or they're already seeing someone.

Not Signy. She was definitely not seeing anyone else. And we'd made hot passionate love when that was clearly not what she and Faustina did with the men they lured up to Gweden Farm.

Where was all this going to go? How could I shield Signy from the consequences of her involvement? Or have I all along been taken in by some really good acting from Signy?
There wasn't any more time to ponder such weighty matters because from above came a rather panicked cry: "Signy? Signy are you here?"

Signy shot straight up out of bed, her eyes wide with horror and she as ashen like someone who'd seen a ghost. "Faustina!" she gasped.

"STAY HERE!" Signy commanded and threw on her dress, minus her undergarments, which would have taken too long but without which anyone would know she was naked underneath. She also forgot her shoes in her haste to dash up the basement stairs.

I quickly put on my clothes as well and looked about for the short sword I had brought with me (in anticipation of having to defend myself from wolves and other dangerous wildlife on our walk over here) and meanwhile tried to overhear what was going on upstairs:

"Signy, what's going on?" asked Faustina. "Why are you here so early? And what happened to your clothes? Are you alright?"

"Um... We got here early."

"'We'? Who's 'we'? You didn't... Tell me you didn't bring him here alone."

"Well... We sort of ran into each other. And he didn't know the way because he's new in town."

"Signy, did he touch you? Did you let him touch you?"

"Faustina, I..."

"Sweet Dibella! You didn't! Tell me you didn't!"

"Faustina... He loves me. And I love--"

"Stupid! You stupid, stupid girl! Of course he does! He'll say anything to have his way with you."

"No! It wasn't like that!"

"Signy, we've done this a hundred times -- Lured men to this farmhouse. Just think of all those men. Don't you know by now that all men are pigs? They'll say anything to get you naked and get what's between your legs. What did he do? Buy you flowers?"

"Yes--"

"What did he say? He's only got eyes for you?"

"Yes..."

"You're the only one for him?"

"... yes..." whimpered poor Signy, who was sobbing now.

"Signy... Oh, Signy..." Faustina's voice became sympathetic and comforting. "It'll be alright... Everything will be all right. Did he ... you know... come inside you?"

"Y-Yes... Does that make me pregnant?"

"We'll get Tsarrina to mix us up one of her potions tomorrow. It'll make sure you aren't pregnant."

"Okay..."

"Where is he now?"

"Downstairs."

"Alright. Tsarrina and I will take care of him. You go into town and lay low. In the Chapel. We'll come and get you later."

"Are you going to kill him?"

"I should, after what he's done to you."

"Faustina, no..."

"Sigh... All right, we'll just do our usual thing. Just stay away from him from now on."

I'd gotten hastily changed by now, and from their little stash of trophies in the basement, including various men's shirts and jewels, I found the ring Gogen described to me and pocketed it. I drew my sword and waited for Faustina to come down. She mentioned Tsarrina too. I wondered whether they were handy with a sword or if they typically counted on their men being exposed and their blades long enough to threaten the man's nuts.

"Are you sure you can handle him?"

"Of course. Threaten to cut their nuts off and they'll do anything you want.
"All right, you! Come on out! We know you're in the basement."

I hoped Gogen really was with the Anvil City Watch. I might prevail with the combat training given me by the Legion and some magic on the side, but I don't know if I could also subdue Signy. She sounded like she'd been swayed by Faustina, and I couldn't count on her staying out of the fight despite our lovely date today.
I bunched up a blanket I found to make a net/shield and went upstairs.

There was a khajiit upstairs with Faustina, so I guessed that to be Tsarinna. She was armed with a long steel sword and her weapon's superior reach made her the most dangerous one. Faustina was looking deadly serious and mighty pissed off. Her curved dagger was an expensive looking one of genuine elven make, sharp enough to cut through cheap salami with one swish. Signy looked conflicted, and handn't drawn her blade.

"Take off your clothes!" Faustina ordered. "You've had your fun you pig. Now it's time to pay up.
"Go on Signy. We can take it from here."

Signy hesitantly went to the front door, and with a final look back at me, opened it to leave.

"ANVIL CITY WATCH! Throw down your weapons!"

Gogen! He obviously got the drop on Signy and shoved her back to crash into a side table. His standard issue silvered long sword was drawn and aimed to keep her at bay.

"Run!" cried Faustina.

Tsarinna dropped her sword. "This one yields! Don't hurt me!" She pushed past me and into the basement, from which there was no way out.

Faustina made a dash for the rear and found a female guardsman had it covered, her long sword aimed at Faustina, warding her back into the room.

"You! You were working for them all along!" she waved her blade accusingly at Gogen. "I knew something was up when the pawnbrokers wouldn't take your wedding ring. Said it was worthless. With a fake stone. Well, you'll never take me. I'll never go to jail again! NEVER!"

There was a shower of green light about her and she faded into invisibility. As soon as as saw it I cast my own spell to counter, and she cursed as she faded back into view. Cornered now, and with more guardsmen pouring in, she threw herself at Gogen who deftly and easily blocked her blade with a flick of his own much longer weapon. A guardsman came from behind her and grabbed her but with furious strength she twisted free. In the confusion, she spun into Gogen's sword, which thrust deep into her belly.

A painful way to go.

There was rueful triumph in her mien that they hadn't taken her alive.

I looked back at Signy and to my horror found that she had stabbed herself in the heart.
"NO! Signy! ... Why?!"

I held her close and cast a healing spell immediately, but she was still cold and growing colder. She was too far gone.

"Didn't ... didn't want to go to jail. Faustina told me... Horrible things... Raped by inmates. And guards. No way out."

"It didn't have to be like that."

"I was scared... Did you... did you really love me?"

"Yes," I told her without hesistation. "Yes I did. And I loved our time together today, walking by the water, sharing some candy, fighting the wolves... everything."

"And being with me?"

"You are the most beautiful and wonderful lover I could hope for."

She smiled weakly. "That's a lie. Men are pigs."

"You're very beautiful, Signy. That's not a lie. And when we lay together, you were wonderful. That's not a lie."

"Hold me."

I held her close and whispered, "I love you, Signy."

We closed our eyes and lay quietly. She was peaceful, I think. But I had hot tears streaming down my eyes.
I held her for a long time, long after her life had departed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 4 Part 1

Hell's Bailiff - Chapter 4 Part 2

Vids are BACK! And Sexlivion Links